Monday, March 23, 2015

What is beauty...


You don’t have to try so hard

You don’t have to give it all away

You just have to get up, get up, get up, get up

You don’t have to change a single thing

Take your make up off

Let your hair down

Take a breath

Look into the mirror at yourself

Don’t you like it?

Cause I like you

The lyrics in Colbie Callait’s song Try, truly has deep meaning for a lot of people. What do you do for beauty? Do you have to Try? Like most, for me it’s been a roller coaster. The media tells you to look a certain way. You have to have your hair a certain way, wear makeup all the time, and wear brand name clothing. Does it really make a difference? Do you feel better, or does it add extra pressure to you?

Although, I’ve struggled with self-esteem throughout my life, as an adult I have a better understanding of what beautiful is. I have learned that I don’t need to “try so hard” to impress others with my outward appearance. It was all within me. If I believed it, others would also.

My Grandma Budd really influenced me and my self-image. Since I can remember, she always said wonderful things to me. I was sweet, kind, and beautiful, and to never change. As I got older and became a mom she told me that I was the best mom she had ever seen. I knew it wasn’t true, but I also knew that she wasn’t lying either. In her eyes she saw beauty, she was genuine. In the last month of her life, she didn’t know my name, but she knew how she felt about me, and told me how kind and beautiful I was, I was a wonderful mother and to never change.

As women, and human beings we owe it to ourselves and to others to see the good and beauty in others. Don’t judge, but love. Remember what Audrey Hepburn said, “For beautiful eyes look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”
      Dove Beauty products has had a number of ads trying to show that beauty comes from with in. I saw this video and I just loved it so much. Click HERE to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment