Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Books

A book is a dream that you hold in your hand.
–Neil Gaiman


Since I was young I loved reading. I even made a library out of my closet in my bedroom. I used a ruler to keep the books place and made a card catalog so I could keep track of all of my books. Somewhere between Junior High and High School I wasn’t reading as much, although, I still had a love for books. I remember I wanted to start a café where people could, relax and while there, they could read my books. When my oldest was a baby I would feed her a bottle and read to her. I read her two of my childhood favorites, Charlotte’s Web and The Secret Garden.

Since then my love for reading grew. A little book called Twilight came out and I just had to read what everyone was talking about. The opinion on the series varies, in my opinion it was a fun, book of fiction that had my imagination all over the place. I couldn’t stop reading after that. I then got caught up in The Hunger Games series. I wanted to read books of all different genres.

I read for so many different reasons, to get away from reality, to capture some part of history, to laugh, cry and appreciate my life. I don’t always have time to read, I sometimes wish I was one of those people who started a book and didn’t put it down until I finished, but I’m not. I love reading, I sometimes read a book in a day, other times a week.

I have tried to get my kids to love books as well. My oldest is an avid reader and at nine years old she read 175 books in 2014. My six year old, and four year old like books, but aren’t as obsessed as I am. I will love books until the day I die, even when I cannot read. I will keep the stories in my head and always replay them over and over again.

“The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.”
- Jane Austen

No comments:

Post a Comment