Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Goals

 
A few years ago a Hummingbird made a nest in our tree. We named her Honey. We were so excited to realize two little eggs in her nest.
 
 
I think a lot about goals. I have for a really long time. I have always struggled with making it that last step. I work really hard, but I get scared. I don't want to cross the finish line, just in case it's not good enough. I've spent many years working on a story about my grandparents. I want it to be so good, perfect. I realize that it won't ever be perfect. It could always be a little better, but I have to finish. I have to take that last step.


We loved seeing the babies Pebbles and Bam Bam.  


No matter what it is in life that we want to accomplish, we have to work hard, believe in ourselves, and do it. I really need to trust myself. I love this quote, "A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because her trust is not on the branch, but on it's own wings. Always believe in yourself." ~Unknown
Pebbles and Bam Bam got bigger and learned to fly. They left after a few months and we haven't seen them since.
I've used the excuse that no one believes in me or really supports me, but that doesn't matter. I need to believe in myself in all that I do and prove to others that I can do anything.


I found this cute book called Someday. It's about  goals, and how it takes little steps to achieve them. We don't always get them right away and we need to be happy in the mean time. "Someday I'll be a famous artist and make millions from my paintings, but today I'll paint the garage."

We had a family home evening lesson on Goals last week. We talked about individual goals


And then we talked about family goals we could have together.
We hung the banner up in our kitchen to see it daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment