Monday, August 31, 2015

Stars are within your Reach





As the new school year has started people think about their future, what they want to learn, and how their life will turn out. Will they accomplish their dreams? I have always told my kids that they can do anything that they want to do. If they work hard, have enough passion and never give up they can accomplish something.

My son Cameron wants to be either a Paleontologist or a Lego Builder. What do you think I say to him? Do I tell him, sorry there’s not many jobs needed there? Or Building Legos isn’t really a job. Nope, not even close. I tell him that is amazing. Being a Paleontologist would be so awesome, and if you are a Lego Builder, I would come visit you at Lego Land. Maybe he won’t do either of those things, maybe that’s just the spark he needs to find his real dreams. Maybe he will be a Scientist or write books about dinosaurs or become an Architect.  Whatever he does, or all my kids for that matter, makes them happy.

There is a quote that says “The poorest person in the world is the one that only has money.” What is the point having a good, well-paying job if you don’t like it? I have thought a lot about my own dreams and aspirations. I am a mom who dabbles in little hobbies here and there. When I was younger I wanted to be a nurse (I’m married to one—does that count?). From Junior High on I wanted to be a reporter, a teacher, a mom, a writer, and a Sign Language Interpreter.  I think about that and think I am all of those things. As a stay at home mom I am a teacher, and a nurse. I use my free time (what’s that- oh nap time) to write on my blog and different stories. And the sign language—well let’s just say that knowing some Sign Language has come in handy a few times. Also I have taught my kids some of it as well.

So I am doing all of the things that I wanted to do. I am happy at where I am in my life and I think that is all that matters. We need to be happy. We may not all accomplish everything we dreamed we would, but sometimes you shoot for the moon and find a star instead. And stars are beautiful, without darkness you can’t see the stars.  Don’t quit, stars are within reach.


No comments:

Post a Comment