Saturday, May 2, 2015

Margaret Calderwod Ruff


Looking through some of my husband's family pictures I came across this family George and Margaret Ruff. They are my husband's 2nd Great Grandparents. They struck something in me. I am not sure what, but I want to know more about them.
 




There are several pictures of their family and Margaret especially. I want to know her. I want to know what she liked, how she was as a mother. This just started last night, but so far I am not coming up with much. I will definately be making a phone call to Ryan's Grandma. I can't wait to know more.

 
 
There is something about old pictures, it is more than a name on a census record. You can see them, their eyes, their clothing, hair. It all says something about them. That is what gets me going. I can't wait to know this woman more, I know she has a story to tell. Learn from her and teach my children about their 3rd great grandmother Margaret Calderwood Ruff.

No comments:

Post a Comment